Saturday, June 13, 2009

Welcome to Get Real!

Sometimes faith feels stale. Words that sound spiritual don't always penetrate my heart. I'm a preacher's kid and a preacher's wife, so I’m around church stuff all the time. If I’m not careful, I'm like a person who refuses to look into the mirror because she’s seen it all the day before. But just because I brushed my teeth yesterday, doesn’t mean my teeth don’t need cleaning today!

The challenge of getting Christianity unpacked from the crate stamped RELIGION is not reserved for preacher's wives. Many people think spirituality is something done by certain people, at certain places, using certain rituals, on certain days of the week. Others see it as optional – a good thing to do if we can, but something we can live without, like joining the local gym.

But knowing God isn't a duty to be performed so you can feel better about yourself. It's a connection to Someone who can transform and energize every aspect of your life.

A Christian is a child of the Creator of the universe, an imitator of the Savior of the world, and a vessel filled by the Spirit of a Holy God. How could that be boring?

I've found that when I allow God to renew my mind daily, He invades my ordinary routine. When He saturates my life, I’m never spiritually dry.

God is Real. He more than relevant to life; He's the Reason to live!

I want to remain focused on the God who created me. I want my daily life to overflow with his joy. You are invited to join the adventure. Let's learn from each other in our quest for God.

Gettin' Real!
Melodie

2 comments:

  1. Great! I agree and it's totally true, because I experiment this kind of relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ every day too!
    May God bless you and I will share this blog with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Edina. Looking forward to learning from you and your friends!
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?